Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Weight Watchers Week Seven

Well, Monday was weigh in day! I thought once again that I had gained weight but I didn't I actually lost. I was in a really bad slump for some reason, I couldn't get myself motivated to do anything. On Monday I actually thought about giving up on the whole weight loss thing. Then I sat back on Monday evening after weighing and thought about everything that was going on. See Brian is gone once again and he won't be back till March 2nd! I just calculated that I have spent only 25 days with Brian since December 13th when he took his first trip. It has been hard. This last trip has been the hardest. I knew that I couldn't quite. I baby-sat on Saturday for Velvet and I was shocked when I saw her! She has lost a lot of weight and she looks so GOOD!!! I knew that I couldn't give up knowing that she said that she was trying to lose the weight for the wedding (that isn't her only reason). Then David's Bridal called and my dress is in, and that is what kicked my butt into gear again! One really big motivator for me is that my friend Emily joined weight watchers with me and I want to keep her motivated as well. She lost 1.5 lbs her first week! Go Emily!!

So yesterday after work I took the first step into looking at joining the YMCA. I went up there and got class information and pool schedule. The membership is $34 a month and that includes classes, pool, and if you want a personal trainer. I was hooked due to the fact that I know nothing about lifting weights and toning. So I am going to go on Saturday to join the Y and start up Monday morning. You know I figured if Velvet can handle a full time job and be a mom 2 small kids and still fines time to work out almost every day I know I can too! Thanks Velvet for showing me that when you put your mind to things you can do it! I am thinking that once the weight loss journey is over for me, Velvet, and Emily we should be on a Make-Over Story on TLC! What do you think Girls?

Here is the break down:

Starting Weight: 155.2
First Week: -4.2
Ending Weight: 151.00
Second Week: -1.4
Ending Weight: 149.6
Third Week: -1.8
Ending Weight: 147.8
Fourth Week: -2.6
Ending Weight: 145.2
Fifth Week: +.2
Ending Weight: 145.4
Sixth Week: -1.0
Ending Weight: 144.4

Left to go to hit 10% : 4.2lbs

I changed the left to go because the big number was to discouraging. :)

1 comment:

Velvet Minnick said...

keep up the great work! you will shed those pounds at the Y, you just wait. and thanks for all the compliments ;-) the *baby fat* is almost gone.....hehe